Friday, October 16, 2009

What a Week!

There has been so much going in my life over the past 8 or 9 days...it's hard to know where to start!  First I promise I have some scrappiness to share...but that will come after the story a year in the making!
Last July (July 1st to be exact) I started a new job...I had left the Navy on May 30th and started a new job, in a new place just about 1 month later.  I came to work at the Nuclear power plant in Jenkinsville, SC...I had some "nuke" experience in the Navy so it wasn't COMPLETELY greek to me...but it was close!  The commercial industry is SOOO different...anyways...not long after I started this journey to earn my Senior Reactor Operator Certification (SROC)...well...about 15 written exams later, weeks of training in the simulator, too many hours to count of studying...and many hours of doubting if I could finish...well...I'M DONE!  The exam started last Monday and ran through Thursday.  There are 3 portions of the exam,  JPMs (simulated activities in the plant and in the simulator), final evaluated scenarios in the simulator, and then the final written exam.  Well, I knew last Thursday that I had passed the written, but I did not have the "final" results of the other portions...well today I signed the paperwork...and found out that I PASSED EVERYTHING!  Not one drop on anything!  Close on some...but I made it!  WOOHOOOO!  After last week I wasn't so sure who was more relieved...me or my poor husband!  LOL! 

I also want to share an extra-special thank you to all that participated in my blog candy giveaway!  It's always nice to see your happy faces!  And welcome to my new followers!  Most especially I have to say thank you to our winner Terry Olboub!  Thank you so much Terry for the wonderful things you posted not only here but on your blog as well!  Consider me an official follower and fan!  Your candy will be headed your way via the US Postal Service tomorrow morning!

Anyways...I've been doing a bit of recovery since the test and everything else...and haven't really scrapped that much!  BUT...earlier this week I managed to get some things done for Simply Scrapping...so here we go with that story!

Simply Scrapping made some changes this month and has gone almost solely to sketch challenges...one new challenge a week...two sketches (one for cardmakers, one for LOs)...and a twist!  This week's twist is to use fabric somewhere on your card or LO...here is what I came up with:



Judy at Simply Scrapping is also hosting a separate challenge for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Requirements were to use the sketch she provided, must be at least 85% pink, and had to use at least one word from an image of pink ribbon stickers (love, hope, faith, courage, survivor)...here is what I came up with:


Well thanks for look and hope to see you again soon!

Card supplies: Cardstock - Bazzil, CTMH; Canvas - Claudia Helmuth sticky back canvas; Ink - Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen; STAZON Timber Brown; Stamps - CTMH Childhood Portrait; Distress Stickles - Frayed Burlap; Cinnamon Stickles; Ribbon unknown

LO Supplies: Paper - Basic Grey - Eva; Flowers - Prima; Grungeboard letters; Distress Crackle Paint - Worn Lipstick; Distress Stickles - Worn Lipstick, Rock Candy; Rubons and Sticker - Basic Grey; Diamond stickles; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Snow Angel; Cricut cart - Lyrical Letters

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing your exams hun. These are both beautiful creations, loving all the pink
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley, you are too kind. *blushing* I only said what Tanisha had said on her blog about your work. Congratulations on passing your exams. I cannot even imagine working in a nuclear facility, let alone taking tests ABOUT it! Also, how cool you were in the Navy (I am an ex-Navy wife but a fan of women taking on such roles). PLUS, look at your crafts! I love this card - this is so inspirational! And the LO - super duper cool! You go, Lesley! Hope you have a great weekend and can do something FUN! :p

    ReplyDelete