Friday, December 11, 2009

All is calm...

when I was a kid growing up in Germany...the best time of year was when it snowed...especially that first snow that happened and you didn't know it until you woke up and looked outside and the whole world was covered...or so it seemed...it wasn't until I was MUCH older that i decided that i just really didn't like snow...hate it actually...sort of...i hate the cold...the to-the-bone winter cold...snow is great...it's beautiful...and i love being outside while snow falls...it just feels..magical...but all the other weather parts that accompany it...NO THANK YOU! 

anyways...enough of my rant!  LOL!  this week's Fashionista Friday challenge at the Shoe is to create something with the theme of SNOW!  I had a lot of fun with this one...mostly because it just kind of happened...I searched desperately for a sketch to use...or some sort of inspiration...and then...I was walking up the stairs to my craft room...and it hit me...so here it is:

Supplies:  Chipboard Base - Maya Road; Snowflakes - Maya Road; Paint - Distress Crackle Picket Fence, Pewter; Apple Barrel Glossy Acrylic paint; Bling - (on the snowflakes) Twinklets Diamond Dust; Letters - Grungeboard; Ink - Distress Ink Broken China; Brad and Ribbon unknown

1 comment: