Saturday, December 4, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas...Part 2

I'm Baaaa-aack!  So soon?  Well...while I was working on Tag #1 there were quite a few "waiting periods" to let pieces and parts dry...so I started on Tag#2 while I was waiting.  Now...i'm going to be 100% honest here...not the biggest fan of this particular tag...and this was attempt #2!  For whatever reason...all the parts don't quite add up for me...but, you never know til you try right?  I didn't have the pine bough stamp that Tim used in his original...and my closest substitute didn't work out (that was attempt #1)...so...living in South Carolina...why not throw down something straight from the state?  The tree I used was part of a stamp that is actually the state flag, i just masked out the portions I didn't want.  Here is my version of Day 2...created by me, inspired by Tim Holtz:


ok...now off to get started on #3!

Supplies: Distress Ink - Pumice Stone, Frayed Burlap; Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Forest Moss, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Stormy Sky, Weathered Wood; Inkssentials Enamel Accents in Black; Stamps - Tree: Artful Legacy, Merry Christmas - Mini Holidays, Flourish (Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous), Splatter: Studio 490 by Wendy Vecchi, Music - Stampabilities; Bling - Prima

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! It is adorable! The Palm-tree looks so special here - great way out!!!

    ReplyDelete