Monday, January 25, 2010

another one bites the dust...

computer that is...Satuirday my computer started acting really funny...the power had gone out and come back on in an instant...few hours later i tried to restart the puter (it's on a surge protector) and it wouldn't restart...Sunday morning had a friend take a look at it...HARD DRIVE FAILURE!!!!!!!!  ACKKKKKKK!  terrible news!  i'm bad...haven't backed up my hard drive in months..if not a year or so...all my pics...gone...BUT...good news...we should be able to recover the pics at least...won't know for a few days...my access to edit software...gone until we can get the drive replaced...so i shall create away...and maybe get a few not so fantabulous photos up...but we shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Lesley! I know, my computer's hard drive went Kaput last year and I lost all my pics!!! I was devastated....we took it to the Geek Squad and there was no recovering them because there was something mechanically wrong with the hard drive. I really hope that doesn't happen to yours!! I know try to either upload to my Kodak or Snapfish gallery and also back them up on CD's.

    ReplyDelete