Friday, July 15, 2011

FF#86 and my vacation!

Happy happy Friday!  Lots to tell you about today!  First...FF#86 is posted over at If the Shoe Fits...Scrap it!  You definitely should drop in and check out the goings on!  This week's challenge over there is excellent!  I'm hoping to finally finish my sample for it at some point today...but we'll see.  I would have worked on it last week...but I actually took a bit of a vacation!

Hubby and I flew out last Friday to Denver, Colorado!  We'd never been and a very good, old friend was getting married...so he and I took a mini-vacay!

Let me tell you...GORGEOUS!  The wedding was in Colorado Springs, so we drove from Denver to Colorado Springs (very easy drive!) and once we arrived...WOW...the scenery was so amazing!  On Friday we hit Garden of the Gods:

and on Saturday, prior to the wedding, we drove up to the summit (14, 110 feet) of Pike's Peak:

You seriously feel like you are on top of the world!  Not to mention the air is a tiny bit thin...and we both got a little light headed...but quickly recovered!


We even saw Bigfoot!

After the drive back down, we stopped by the Cliff Dwellings:

and then headed back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding (which was quite beautiful and we had an amazing time!).

Sunday we drove back to Denver, hopped back on the plane and headed home!

It was a very short trip, but Hubs and I had an amazing time, and it was just what we needed to recharge and get ready for the next few weeks at work!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment