Sunday, November 15, 2009

i'm hearing jingle bells!

It's kind of funny...everyday for the past week my daughter has asked if it's time to put up Christmas decorations...and everyday I tell her NO!!!!!!!  I have to at least see Thanksgiving before I start putting up Christmas decorations!  But as I work on these Christmas cards...well...like the title says...I'm hearing jingle bells and wondering about snow (not that I will see any here in South Carolina...thankfully so...but every once in a blue moon...I think snow wouldn't be that bad!)...Anyways...so here is my next card...created for the Viva la Verve November #1 challenge...the twist was to follow the 1, 2, 3 formula (one embellie (stickles don't count), 2 colors of cardstock (allowed an additional neutral), and three stamps.  The sketch had me stumped for a little bit...but once I got rolling I was happy!  I was also incredibly happy to use my Copics on this card...my first card with copics!!!!!  I take the Copic 101 class on Saturday with two of my dearest gal pals...so this is just playtime for now! 
























Supplies: Paper - Basic Grey: Wassail; Cardstock - Bazzil; Stamps - Verve: O Christmas Tree, Poinsettia Christmas; Ink - Memento Black Tuxedo; Copics- RR27, R29, G09, Y17; Glitz Stickles - Champagne; Ribbon - Reasonable Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. I saw your card (with the poinsetta) on Simply Scrapping and I LOVE it! It's beautiful!! I was going to do the challenge using the ruffled look, but couldn't do it. I always try to get it done on time, but time runs away too quickly for me. But, I'll probably still do it and just post to the gallery anyway. So glad I stopped by your blog.

    ReplyDelete