Thursday, May 7, 2009

Late again...

...and so sorry for that! Yesterday's card challenge over at the Shoe was to create a negative space card. You could only use approximately 1/3 of the card space to "decorate" or create on. The remaining 2/3 of the card had to be "blank." When I first saw this challenge a few weeks ago...I was SURE I would not be able to do it...I like layers, and lots of stuffs on my cards...BUT...turns out it wasn't actually that difficult...and I had a lot of fun doing it! Some cards I have made will take me a couple of hours...a lot of that is me trying to pick papers and stamps to use and so on...but with the negative space card...it was really nice to keep it simple, limit my color pallette a bit...and just enjoy producing some cards! I would say that it took me no more than 10 minutes to create one card...and that is a refreshing change!



Supplies:
RED

  • Cardstock: The Paper Company - kraft
  • Ribbon: Offray Ribbon
  • Ink: CTMH Chocolate
  • Sentiment: SU
  • Flowers: Prima

BLACK
  • Cardstock: The Paper Company - kraft, American Crafts
  • Ribbon: Offray
  • Ink: STAZON - Black
  • Sentiment: SU

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love negative space LO's!!! Your cards are great!

    ReplyDelete