Friday, September 18, 2009

Imperfectly Perfect!

Ok...ever had those days where you strive so hard to be "perfect" and then you mess up and it seems that your world has fallen down?  Well...Thursday was one of those days...I tried so hard but it just didn't work out...was I disappointed...YES!  I mean seriously...had a totally emotional moment at work...and I try VERY VERY hard to NOT!  Anyways...I got home...got crafting...and created today's card...it's actually card #5 towards my goal this week...meaning I have reached my original goal...but it shows up here as #4...only because the original #4 was created for a challenge this week for the Shoe DT...and now I can't post it until tomorrow!  Anyways...this card is to me Imperfectly Perfect...some ink caught the edge of the stamp and so when I stamped the sentiment...well I got a little line...and you know what...either because I'm tired...or that I actually like it a little "messed up"...the card became what I would truly like it to be...flaws and all.   So...without futher ado...here is card #5...based on the sketch from the The Fresh Batch and also using one of the color challenges for the Verve release!


Supplies: Paper - (dare I even say it) Basic Grey; Cardstock: Bazzil and CTMH; Stamps - Verve 1 Peter 5:7 and Just for You; Ink - CTMH: Chocolate; Ribbon - unknown; Cricut - Plantin Schoolbook and Storybook

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! Flaws & all. Great job Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card! Hope your days get better! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps and Smiles!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Lesley, I am sorry to hear you were having a bad day! If it helps, your card is gorgeous! I LOVE the warms colors and gorgeous design!

    Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crafting always helps! I love the patterned papers you chose. Thank you for playing with Stamps and Smiles this week.

    Jennifer SAS DT

    ReplyDelete